No audio device installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk2005

Beta member
I was having problems with my laptop, mainly it being slow, freezing and it just had alot of stuff on it that i didnt want anymore so i re-installed windows xp.

That worked fine and i was using it and realised i had no sound, so i went to volume control and it said "There are no active mixers devices available" it also said to install them by adding new hardware. That didnt work and when i go to control panel and to sound it says "no audio device" Ive also tried goin to device manager and i can see no problems.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is. My sound worked fine before i re-installed windows xp!

1) Look at your laptop/manual to determine which model/manufacturer it is.
2) Go to manufacturer's website.
3) Go to the download section of the manufacturer's website.
4) Find the driver that best suits you. ie: Windows XP and model number.
5) Download the driver onto your laptop.
6) Install the driver (usually by clicking on the file you just downloaded).
7) Reboot your computer after a successful installation.
8) Enjoy your sound-filled laptop experience :)

My laptop is an Ei System 4413 but i can't find an Ei System website anywhere on the internet! Is there anywhere else i can download the sound driver(s) that i need?

Thanks for the help.

google cpu-id or cpu-z. download it. open it. it will tell your motherboard name. head to that website

Well i have tried everything possible, i installed sound drives from the intel website, i found the name of my soundcard and downloaded drivers for it but nothing is working!

I did however come across a website that said when sound isn't working, its possible that onboard audio is disabled and to go to the BIOS setup and enable it. I think this could be the problem but when i go to my BIOS when i restart the computer, i cannot find anything about onboard audio, i can however find it on my pc's BIOS (im working on a laptop here)

Can anyone help?

drivers are here

http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk

had same problem and found drivers here for the 4413, i also have image of device manager set up so you can see names and types of hard wARE AND PROPER CONFIGERATION
CLICK HERE FOR IMAGE OF SETUP ON MY WEB SITE

DONT KNOW IF IM BIT LATE WITH THIS BUT JUST AQUIRED ONE YESTERDAY WITH BLANK HARD DRIVE UP AND RUNNING NOW, I ALSO HAVE GRAPHICS DRIVERS
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU
ALL THE BEST FROM SCOTLAND UK
KEV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom