Major help needed, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could re install the driver... i bet that would fix it. Im guessing you know how to.

(btw he does use linux)

Red Fox said:
Linux is the cure to your problem. Switch now. It's free.

Besides, this is a typical response you would offer up to any random issue on this board, so I'm just trying to emulate ya.
Such as "my hotmail doesn't work" your reply .. switch to gmail ..

helpful, isn't it.

Are you still reading this? Go on, do it now. Join the dark side ...

Please, stop the flame. It's really immature.

-SkyHi

The driver for what, though? As I reposted and said, everything works, I just can't actually install. For instance, yesterday, I took the Diablo (1st game, yes) install and the MPQ, and other files I needed to install, put 'em on the HD, then when I try to install, it starts, and just pops up an error, it happens with any full program, that I've done so far, except Diskeeper, which I downloaded, and that installed fine, but I don't know if it's because it was the not-full version or what.

-SkyHi

open up msconfig, set to diag startup, reboot, and try again. this will let us know if there's any apps that are fouling up your installs.

can we get exact errors?

I can give you some when I get home, but how many do you want? They'll all be specific to the program, and as I have said, it's probably got to do with compression. By the way, thanks for all the help so far.

-SkyHi

PS- Be back in 20-30 mins, have to switch classes, then come right back to this one.

if you think it has to do with compression then connect another uncompressed drive and try to run the installs from it. I would install the file to the uncompressed drive as well.

2-3 errors should be enough. briefly describe how you try to install.

may want to run some HD diag tools

Uncompressed drive, explain please. I'm not sure what you mean as uncompressed, it's not the drive that's compressed, it's the information on the CD.

-SkyHi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom