ASUS 6800Ultra Dual GPU Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh, that's dumb

and 1200mhz max mem frequencie?

no thx, why would anyone want one

this is like dumb and dumber; nvidia releases SLI and then ATi copies them with AMR and as a result R520 is delayed; i hope ATi dosen't try to copy this shit too

wouldn't doubt it honestly....buuut I've seen plenty of 1.6ns RAM do a lot more than what they are saying it's limited too, so I don't know the truth behind that honestly...

but what's stupid is that you need a SLI board for it....an Ultra-D would do me fine, but hell at first they say ASUS boards only, just like gigabyte with their 6600GT dual GPU card....wish this shitty companies would stop trying to make these cards for only their shitty boards.

I want a dual gpu card opposed to SLI, but I want to use it in a single PCI-E slotted board, a card made from eVGA that'll work in a DFI motherboard, and be able to fit into a regular damn case

ASUS EN6800U Dual card uses Samsung K4J55323QF-GC16 1.6ns GDDR3 memory chip that has a maximum frequency of 1200MHz. The memory is clocked at 1.12Ghz.

Naah cant be, GDDR3 1.6 Nanosecond wont reach those speeds.

I will check their numbers and calculate the speed myself tonite

Just gotten more information that EN6800Ultra-DUAL card can work on any brands of SLI motherboard but of course ASUS motherboards are recommended. It might support nForce 4 Ultra chipset like the DFI nF4 Ultra-D but it is untested yet.

I dont know if this update was added after you guys read it, or if you missed it. There is still hope that it can run on a Ultra-D. Good thing it doesnt have to run on an ASUS board as well...

no you can't, that xfx card is 2 6800 ultras with 512mb of memory on each card sold as a pack, to go in sli, not one card

Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom