Favorite Hardware Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry if this si wrong place to ask, but why do people think my 2.8ghz p4 is ancient? Ive spent years with my trusty 1.3 Duron only to build myself a new machine at christmas with what seemed like good specs only to get told by sdomeone who has a 200mhz faster pc that im ancient... lol

BTW to keep this relevent, I find stocking lots of UV based item tends to sell, though generally its the younger people who are attracted to them like flies. Zap.

Well Diablo. I understand. The funny thing is I can buy them for 180. But, in this business margins suck. And after PayPal and Ebay take there cuts I'm left with nothing. So in order for me to make anything I have to sell it for that. I believe that I will find buyers. It's faith. And Yes newegg newegg newegg I know. But, this is the problem with america. There are no monopolies? Sheay right. Volume is power. And right now I dont have any power I must build it so I must do the best I can. and a little bit here and a little bit there and in no time you'll find my pricing better. Until then I must hope for the best.

dakta said:
sorry if this si wrong place to ask, but why do people think my 2.8ghz p4 is ancient? Ive spent years with my trusty 1.3 Duron only to build myself a new machine at christmas with what seemed like good specs only to get told by sdomeone who has a 200mhz faster pc that im ancient... lol

BTW to keep this relevent, I find stocking lots of UV based item tends to sell, though generally its the younger people who are attracted to them like flies. Zap.

3.0GHZ is the cutoff line between old and new these days

@Forlorn_ronin,

Word of advice, man to man.

All the great, high end stuff is wonderful to have in a shop, but that's not what most people are going to buy. Why? Too expensive.

On the other end of the spectrum, really old stuff can be hard to move, and you could end up eating it.

Best bet, go middle of the road. Most people have PCs that are 1-4 years old, not bleeding edge. Dells for the most part, along with some HPs, Compaqs, Gateways, and the rest rounding out the pack. The few that you see that have a custom-built box will mostly be suckers who were screwed by the one who built their system (cheapo parts, low end stuff... but the sales pitch sounded like gold).

These are the majority of the people who you will be dealing with. Anyone who needs/wants the high-end stuff will be ordering it online themselves.

I wish you the best in your endevour. You are living part of my dream. Go for it.

Trotter,

Thank you for the words of wisdom and encouragement. If you ever need anything please ask. I started beginning of last year. I have doubled my growth. Working from home. My sales are getting better and am encouraged. I hope to beat the odds. In fact I plan on it!

Ronin

have you got a website?
more people are likely to buy from you if they can find you on the internet
*edit* nevermind, I just saw it in your sig

Trotter is right, it's also good to have some budget parts, for the end user who isn't really interested in how powerful his computer is

most of the brands you have are good, but there are people who would look somewhere else to get the brand they like - like Seagate, Gigabyte, Nvidia, Sony, Abit

Aspire,

Sure I can hook you guys up with special pricing. You know without having Ebay or PayPal fees if we did it direct like with personal check I can really get much better pricing for you. Although I can still pass on a deal through PayPal. Just tell me what you need. Thanks for the feedback Apok. I know I need more budget items. I did start a cool plan on some of my items where you have monthly payments through paypal. Thats cool. I'm trying to build up my categories and variety. It will take a few months. Tell me what you think I should have. Obviously make it very specific. Wink Wink. Well signing off for now. Going to add a few more items.

Thanks Alot Everyone,

Ronin

there are a lot of people that prefer:
Seagate hard drives
Gigabyte
DFI (overclocking boards)
Abit (cheaper but good overclocking boards)
Nvidia-based video cards - from eVGA, BFG, a few Leadtek's, MSI's, a few Asus's (though more of the cheaper versions)
Logitech speakers
Creative, and a few turtlebeach and M-audio sound cards
Venice core Athlon 64's (they are very popular for gamers)

I realise you might not be able to get a lot of stuff quickly, but over time you should expand the variety

Very great advice apok. I will definetly expand my lines trust me. It will most definetly take me time but with your great advice and that of others I will make sure to accomodate others.

Thanks,

Ronin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom