The Next Computer You Buy/upgrade Will Consist Of _____________

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
Whats your next computer upgrade/purchase be?

Something you would actually buy and can buy, I dont want to see answers with like a $10.000 dollar computer =p

Anywayz, heres mine.

Upgrade~~~
Motherboard: A /w lan, audio, dual channel memory, and SATA Raid, PCI Express Slots,

Processor: A Athlon 64FX Chip

Vid Card: ASUS ATI or A Origional ATI gfx card in the price range of 200 - 300 CAD, and 128mb memory,

RAM: 1024 ram (dual channel if the friggan price drops =p)

SATA x2 120gig hard drives /w raid

DVD Burner if it reaches like 12x at least

Old Tower

Oh ya!, windows Longhorn :)

Two 200gb SATA drives when I have the cash... I'm getting quite desperate for space :(

Other than that, I'm waiting for some decent processors and video cards to come on the market before another major upgrade... I'm not exactly impressed with what's available at the moment :mad:

Changing an older comp from rdram to ddr ram and puttin gin faster cpu. Already got the mobo, just need the cpu and ram. Preferably p4 2.6 or higher, 1 gb of ram, pc3200.

þÄ®âÐÖx said:
Two 200gb SATA drives when I have the cash... I'm getting quite desperate for space :(

Other than that, I'm waiting for some decent processors and video cards to come on the market before another major upgrade... I'm not exactly impressed with what's available at the moment :mad:

What do you need so much space for?

I don't use CDs anymore, I just rip them and mount them as virtual drives... and I have quite a formidable collection of games ;) Considering most of them are over 600mb, that can add up pretty fast.. factor in the mp3 collection and the divx movie collection, and there's 200gb down the drain.

I can tell you what I JUST bought;

Pentium 4 3.0GHz 800 MHz FSB with Hyperthreading
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard
2 Gigabytes of PC3700 DDR RAM (2x1024MB Corsair TwinX matched pairs)
Thermaltake Xaser III case

Next thing on the list is an Iiyama AS4821DT 19" LCD monitor

The BEST thing I bought lately was my steering wheel (!) a Logitech Momo Force - great product, much better build quality then any of the other brands. It has renewed my enthusiasm for driving games

Worst purchase was my D-Link wireless setup. I have NEVER had a product cause such severe problems with my system. It's working now, but by God, I could have done without the stress. D-Link's technical support is non-existent.

Mine will hopefully, and i better start saving for it now. But i really desire a dual processor system. Probably Opeteron, unless something is better out by the time i save up the money. which is very likely. And i would like to replace my monitor with a projector. Be nice to have a 100inch screen.

Blueman said:
a 360 gig or greater HDD for my XBOX- the 200 gig is too small already!

i thought the max you can put in with one of the mod chips was 120?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom