nVidia GeForce 7800GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
do we have an expected time of arrival for these cards in the uk? i got my 6600gt as a stop gap for when either one of these monsters come out. hope its well before christmas so they are well tested see which is worth the money.

R520 is supposed to be august, G70 is supposed to be late june.....however whether that applies to UK I don't know

Ive got a 500 watter with 34a on the 12V...ATI didnt release PSU requirments did they? Anyway, i doubt ill be getting one of these cards any time soon. Maybe in two years or so, when i upgrade my CPU

R520 is supposed to hit around june/july/august sometime...I.E. the summer. G70 not until later

Speaking about these things comming out, when is that supposed to be?
bah I just posted that two spots above you.

R520 is supposed to be august, G70 is supposed to be late june.....however whether that applies to UK I don't know

Dhw - R520 is going to be august, if people are lucky, MAYBE late july, no way in hell june though, that was it's original release date then got pushed back.

Not only that but G70 is supposed to be late june...your statement pretty much contradicts that, but we'll all have to wait and see

yeah, i noticed that. you, someone else, and I posted at the exact same time. i hate is so much when that happens.

I want to get a 6600GT, and i think i'll have the cash to go for it. but should i wait even longer w/ my 9500Pro and get the midrange probucts of these next-gen cards?

If you don't mind getting used cards, some people will be selling 6800GTs and Ultras dirt cheap now so they can get a decent price tag back before the G70 hits and the new cards drop in price and they lose even more money.

i have a question... i never looked into much of anything about SLI

in order to use SLI, im asuming that you need 2 nvidia cards hooked together, on PCI-E cards, right?

or is SLI just a term used for how the Nvidia card comunicates with the PCI-E interface?

if its option 1, then i dont know why ppl would be compairing Nvida SLI to ATI's non-sli, because thats just inacturate. its like compairing a Duel Intell socket mobo, with a Single socket AMD. pluse the 2x in price would just be stupid for a lot of ppl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom