Adding Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biscuitlover

Solid State Member
I posted earlier on with this question but got no responses. I now have more info that may help in answering. My computer has four memory slots. Slot 1 has 256mb unbuffered ram. Slot 3 is empty. Slot 2 has 256mb unbuffered ram. Slot 4 is empty. According to my sytem info I have 512mb(2x250) 400hz Dual Interleaved DDR2 SDRAM. I don't know the pin count or if that matters. How can I increase the Ram to 1G and what type of Ram would I need? I am getting confused looking at different Ram with titles like PC3200 184pin. Thanks, Nick

Go to www.crucial.com and run the Crucial System Scanner. It will show you what type you have and what the best upgrade is, plus it will allow you to buy it from their site, though I suggest you shop around.

You will need to use Internet Explorer for best results and it may ask you to download a small 77kb file, but that is all. Depending on your Internet connection, it may take a while, but normally runs within 30 seconds or so. Let me know if this helps :)

Cody

if u do decide to get more ram, buy the same speed as the ones you already have. Your system's memory will only run as fast as your slowest stick.

it is better if you would just buy the same ram that you already have.... or try buying 2 512 mb of ram so you could get higher ram speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom