ASPIRE or THERMALTAKE case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
I havent made up my mind about cases just yet, i really do not have much knowledge about them. for example, what is air duct? and should i be looking for more fans or less weight?

post the links of the ones you are considering?

1.) air duct is just a plastic cylinder-like object that claims to lead cool air directly into the place you point the air duct at, imo this is all bs
2.) fans are just what you want; currently i'm only using 1 case fan (antec 120mm smartfan with 3 speed adjusters)
3.) weight is your choice as well; if you're not planning to carry it, it doesnt matter; if you're planning to go to lanparties, then maybe a lighter case (i.e. antec lanboy) would be better...unless you can handle the weight (regular sized cases like mine aren't that heavy anyways..)

Some case's that come with an air duct have it mounted on the side with a fan and you then put it on the HSF so it can bring in cold air from the outside, and it does work.

You want a case with good airflow and depending on what your using it for, you will want it to be light. Have adaquite space for all hardware and a good clean airflow. Also enough room for atleast 3 case fans, best would be 2 in the rear and 1 in the front if you have a case that is 3 fans.
If you find one that is more then 3 fans that is even better. The idea is to keep things cool, though more fans equals more dust so you will want to put a peice of fabric, cant remember the name of the stuff, kinda like polyester filling, infront of the intake fans to collect dust.

-Ryan

alright, well i mean does it have to be compatible with my motherboard? any recomendations on cases with fan controllers? my new motherboard i will be purchacing will be a DFI lanparty

IMO thermaltake and lian li make the best cases, so you can take a look at their line of cases

btw, you're gonna need a power supply to go along with that case

what video card do you plan on using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom