Woot! just got 2005fpw

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be something like the problem i once had...your running at 1600x1050? I once tried cranking my X850 XT to super high rez in CS: Source and i started gettting this little purple lights. They would sit in one place of the level. They werent big, maybe an inch or so across. They didnt move with the screen, it was as if they were built into the walls/floors/ceilings. Turning the rez back down solved the problem

it's at 1680x1050 right now

if i tone the res down, then i can't enjoy it as much :(

the wierd thing is that it screwed up really bad with the 71.84 drivers, but the 66.93 drivers seems to fix it by about 90%, but i still get 10% of the artifacts

thx, but gggggggggreat

i hopped over to the nvidia forums and everyone has been having troubles with widescreen w/ DVI in CS:S and nvidia hasn't released a driver to fix this yet

meh

.89 fixed a lot of it, but not the whole thing

some guy over at anandtech suggested that i reinstall CS:S, which i'll probably do and then see what happens

Yeah, worth a try. I wonder if there are conflicts with Monitor drivers like there are with GFX drivers? If worse comes to worse, you could always try a format...

argh

didn't work

hey idiotec, what drivers are you using?

edit: wierd, when i turned off 4aa/16af to no aa and trilinnear filtering af, the games ran smooth without any artifacting..

i'll test out each setting with different AA/AF tomorrow and see what the problem is

hey idiotec, what drivers are you using?
Im using 89.

edit: wierd, when i turned off 4aa/16af to no aa and trilinnear filtering af, the games ran smooth without any artifacting..
Sounds like it might just be working that 6600GT too hard at the high settings. 1680x1050 is pretty high resolution, add aa/af and it will definately strain a gfx card.

Have you monitored the temps when it was artifacting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom