win2k3 domain logon prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

altecz33

Beta member
everyone ...i have been experiencing a problem thats has been annoying me for a while now...i have a dell server 2,8ghz 512mb ram and running win2k3 server and i have 5 dell workstations running winxp sp1....the server is a domain sever and it has 2 small directory thats is mapped to my workstations...the prob is every time i try to logon to my server from any machine during either a reboot or a complete shutdown and boot up it takes about 10min or more for the domain server to recognise any of my accounts to let me login it can happen from any one of my workstatons..i removed all the users on the active directory and added them back in but same prob...any solutions thanks

I've had that problem before, it lies within your DNS. Unfortunately, that is all I can tell you because I really dont remember how I fixed it. All I remember is that it had to do with DNS.

Him seems to be right on this one :D.Yes it looks like a DNS issue,your clients are taking to long to talk to the DC.Make sure the DNS is set up right and the client computers have the DNS that is with the DC address in the first pasrt of the TCP/IP properties.Also try running tracert to see if there is a hang up reaching your DC/DNS server.Then also check the timings between the clients abd the DC,the need to be within no more than 5 min of each other.

Nah it's cool. I'm just being a chick on that one. Taking everything you say, turning it around, and sticking it up your arse. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom