Question on Harware suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nread

Beta member
Hey, I have a quick question:

An aquintence of mine is telling me that Dell, HP, aMachines, etc. all get their parts from ONE company. I don't completely believe that. SO, do you folks know who the suppliers are for the hardware that these companies throw into their computers? And isn't it true that Dell manufacturers some of their hardware?

-Nathan

They all get their parts in bulk from generic sources, and their "Dell" hardware is just re branded.

Btw. Everyone here (including me) would strongly recomend to build your own system, you save loads, and get better parts, meaning a more powerful machine.

Yah, I actually have my own built system. This is actually due to a discussion I am having with someone regarding eMachines sucking, and we kinda went off on a tangent

EDIT: so, do you know the names of these 'generic' companies? that's more what I am looking for.

Intel supplys the Motherboard and CPU for alot of those prebuilt company's. And with the mobo comes your intergrated audio \ video \ lan.

I think dell maybee making some of their own motherboard's now. Most company's use Western Digital or Seagate for hard drives.

However most of the time you cannot get this low quality crap on the consumer marketng, neither WD or Seagate is selling it's cheap hard drives to the public from what I have seen, and Intel doesnt sell all of it's mobo's they make on the consumer market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom