really laggy but weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Okay just got a new system built. I got 1gb of kingston value ram 2x512mb sticks. I got a p4 2.8ghz 5333fsb. A radeo 9250 256mb pci. A ECS pm800-m2 mobo. It seems to lag on startup of programs but once inside runs fine. The start bars and mvoing windows in xp seems to lag and skip. Any ideas? Even right now with mozilla firefox its lagging

Lots of things can cause this.
1. Defrag with diskeeper.
2. start -> run -> type msconfig -> go to the last tab, start up ->uncheck anything you do not need.
3. Make sure you shutdown your computer correctly.
4. Run hijack this and make sure you don't have anything under the start up option that shouldn't be there.

If that doesn't work post back and I will look more into it.

Make sure that you have your radeon drivers installed. I have the same problem when i do a fresh install, and when I boot it up all of the animations are laggy until i reboot with the drivers installed.

I always have that problem upon a fresh install, regradless of the card and the machine. It is fixed as soon as I install the video drivers. Go to Radeon's website and get the most current drivers. That should fix your problem.

I never have used a Radeon, always NVidia. Everyone I have ever talked to has had this same problem, and installing the drivers fixes it immediately upon restart. Noone can ever explain this phenomena though, but whatever, we know how to fix it.

Him said:
I never have used a Radeon, always NVidia. Everyone I have ever talked to has had this same problem, and installing the drivers fixes it immediately upon restart. Noone can ever explain this phenomena though, but whatever, we know how to fix it.

If you do not have drivers installed for your video card than your CPU is doing all of the work. And when the CPU is processing whatever you are doing and processing the animation for that action, it will lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom