IM SO PISSED OF AT WD!! Clicking noise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Uhhh no...he simply said the only way you could run SATA, never that it would worth it
precisely

and a web server has to handle the traffic also. often it can bog down a CPU even if it's designed for multitasking

my point was that Celerons are not just a big piece of crap CPU. give it a video card like, say a 9600, and it will be able to run games like HL2 and Doom 3 with relative ease.

apokalipse said:
precisely

and a web server has to handle the traffic also. often it can bog down a CPU even if it's designed for multitasking

my point was that Celerons are not just a big piece of crap CPU. give it a video card like, say a 9600, and it will be able to run games like HL2 and Doom 3 with relative ease.

Celerons are ok The only thing that sets celerons apart from pentiums is just L2 cache. But you have to remember that we are talking about a 667mhz celeron. So SATA is not an affordable/effective option.

The clicking noise is because of head crash, maybe the drive experienced a big shock. Anyway it's about to die.

uzi9mm said:
Celerons are ok The only thing that sets celerons apart from pentiums is just L2 cache. But you have to remember that we are talking about a 667mhz celeron. So SATA is not an affordable/effective option.
yes I know that, but I was making a point about this comment:
"The words SATA & Celeron do not belong together."

bah.... I don't want an argument

apokalipse said:

For a moment there i thought i would have to go and grab betsy and do some hunting for celeron basher's ;)

apokalipse said:
PCI SATA controller $18.50
it also doubles as a Raid 0/1 controller

to be honest though, I don't think SATA offers much speed increase.
the fastest IDE and SATA hard drives output about a maximum of 75-80MB/S
IDE can output 100MB/S

just curious, I thought SATA offer dedicated channel and 1.5G of transfer rate, shouldn't that out perform an IDE???

Shumway said:
For a moment there i thought i would have to go and grab betsy and do some hunting for celeron basher's ;)

I have nothing against celerons. I had one at 1 point. And that thing was an OC'er.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom