Fire wire question

Status
Not open for further replies.

flgirl

In Runtime
I have a question about the IEEE 1394 Firewire, are there different types of firewires, or is a firewire a firewire?????
I want to install one into one of my old computers and not sure what to buy, if they come with a drive to install them or what.

firewire b firewire. The standard i dont think has been upgraded like usb has. Any firewire card should do. Out of curiosity what compatible device are you using. If you can i do prefer usb 2 if avaliable.

Cool good luck. If you need a sound card also, The audigy sound cards come with fire wire ports on them and the audigy 1 cards are not that expensive any more. $50 or so and the firewire card will cost $25-$40

What will the sound card do for me??? other than have sound which I already have (I know dumb question) but this is all new to me.

better card gives better sound. Just the same with video cards. If you dont do much with sound ( games, music, multimedia) it may not be worth it. Also there is no need to buy the card if you have a cheap pair of speaker, you wont reap any benefits of the card. Just suggested it because the price diff is not that much incase you were inthe market for a sound card.

Just get the 1394 FireWire card,, about 35 bucks,,

Get OEM,, dont need a box,, they usually come with some software,, ULEAD

FireWire is the term for the standard,, APPLE technology is the origin,,

Cheers,

For your need: Firewire 400 (older version, dirt cheap PCI cards) 6 pin variety. Get a 6 pin to 4 pin cable for your camera. Should work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom