Administrator and user rights for Palm Pilot question

Status
Not open for further replies.

godai73

Baseband Member
I have a user who has administrative rights on his computer right now. My company needs to change him to user rights. This user has a Palm III and uses Intellisync to sync up his outlook calendar and other things. It works fine when he has administrator rights, but does not work when he has user rights. My co-workers went to the Palm folder and gave his user account full access to the Palm folder. That kind of fixed the problem because it can sync up now under the user permission, but it would take forever (about 5 minutes). I thought about giving him full access to all the Palm registry folders in the Registry, but there are so many folders. I do not want to apply the permission for each folder and have it not work. (I only thought of this because another user had a similar problem with Adobe Pagemaker and Adobe website said to change the permissions for the registry keys and that did fix that problem.) Anyway, I have backed up this user's registry, but have not changed the permissions for the registry folders yet. He is using XP Pro on a Novell network (if that matters). I searched the PalmOne website, but they did not have any solution to this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

from what I remember, you can do a "Run as" sort of method to give him full rights when using the Intellisync.

How do I do that? The user would put his Palm on the 'docking station' and click on a button that automatically initiates the Intellisync software to sync. We re-installed the software using the 'Run As' option as the administrator under his profile, but that did not fix the problem. Thanks for the advise though. Every little bit helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom