WOW, dude, check out this benchmark!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
between the R520 and the G70, what ive heard about the R520 seems to make it the better choice, but there is no real way to tell ATM

dhw200 said:
between the R520 and the G70, what ive heard about the R520 seems to make it the better choice, but there is no real way to tell ATM

No, wait till a month or two after the cards come out to make your decision. If you remember, the X800 series was on top at the beginning because of driver problems with the 6800 series at the time.

nah, there's no such thing as SM 4.0

only foreign site i saw was some chinese site that said that "doesn't have shader model 4" (i think they were referring to longhorn)

that's a dumb assumption being that theres been basically NO information about the G70, what kind of pipelines you can expect, what core and memory and all that....the most I've heard is 'double the performance of that of a 6800Ultra' but it was a somewhat ambiguous statement....said that card got about 8xxx in 3dmark05 and I don't think I've heard of any tests of the R520 as to what scores it's gotten....plus they are both in non-final product stages and still will be fine tuned to perfection

yes, ATI wins in 3dmark05. that's just a benchmark.
there have been countless benchmarks in actual games which show Nvidia on top in some areas, and ATI on top of others. Generally, Nvidia is better for OpenGL and ATI is better for Direct3D, although not always.

quite frankly, I'm sick of seeing people posting one benchmark and saying "this card/CPU/whatever owns this one"

Apokalipse - as I said, those benchmarks are flawed, they are using 66.93 drivers for one...it shows a 6800Ultra in a much better system than mine getting 5100 in 3dmark05 and my GT OC'd to Ultra specs gets 5500......its outdated benches

Reality is games look great on both cards. Maybe not so much so in the future, but ATM, they both look great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom