Need Some Quick Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delinkwent

Baseband Member
i currently have a 2.6ghz no HT 533fsb and need an upgrade.... so i've been contemplating about buying either one of these processors...

(1)p4 3.2ghz HT prescott core 1mb l2 cache 800fsb socket 478- $215
(2)p4 3.2ghz HT northwood core 512kb l2 cache 800fsb socket 478 - $238

alright the thing is i've been reading up on the difference between the two.... the northwood core stays cooler and costs more.... the prescott core heats up pretty quick but i can see its faster... can i get some help plz :-\

what aspire said

moving from your 2.6 to a 3.2 won't even give you an increase you can feel

i'm really not a fan of amd's like that... and i dont feel like waiting any longer to upgrade my pc...

well moving from 2.6 to 3.2 isn't really upgrading; not enough increase to justify the cost

maybe look into getting a new gfx card (if you game, that is)

i do have a radeon 9800 pro... and thats not the problem... my 2.6ghz does not have hyper threading..

when your spending that much money if i were you id jump on the 64 bit bandwagon and ride for as long as you can

amds are very good chips spend the money get the 3200 be happy
for mobo look into the dfi lanparty ut nf4 its like 120 bucks on www.zipzoomfly.com

look at my cpu
i have a 5600 ultra and i cant feel the difference with a 3 ghz p-4 with ht
not worth the money
get new technology and not overpriced obsolete stuff

hmm... if im doin that im buyin more than what i inteded on buyin... cuz i also have to buy a case and mobo.. but i mean i guess it would be worth it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom