continual reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

giblet101

Solid State Member
I have a friends Dell Dimension 8100 (rdram) that just keeps rebooting with the blue screen displaying errors flashing by. I have told everyone I know, how to shut off the "restart on system failure" in system properties but this gal didn't do it.

I got to the repair console by using my XP disk on a system repair (she did not give me the recovery disk) is there a way I can change the restart usinmg the console?

Sure could use a spot of help on this one.

It does the same thing from safe mode, frustrating an d I can't get to the desktop or the bsod to read it.

Tell us what the blue screen reads, or set it as slave back up the info and format.
i suggest doing the first thing though.

It goes by too fast and won't pause, just keeps on reloading. I like your second suggestion. Soon as I unscramble my brain I think I will slave it and at least take a look at what I can save.

Hope its not all infected or something.

damn... well try a ram test maybe the ram is bad...
that is all i can come up with though because idk the error code.
sorry, post back if you re install and it keeps doing this.

do a repair install of XP
after you boot from CD, press 'enter' then 'F8', and after that it will say "searching for previous versions of Microsoft Windows"
after that press 'r'

this will basically reinstall the OS itself, but keep your files settings as they were

right click my computer>>properties>>advanced>>startup and recover

uncheck auto restart

Now when it restarts, It will just blue screen and stay there. Write down the error then post it. A Windows repair might not fix it. It could be hardware.

SHAWN said:
right click my computer>>properties>>advanced>>startup and recover

uncheck auto restart

Now when it restarts, It will just blue screen and stay there. Write down the error then post it. A Windows repair might not fix it. It could be hardware.

How can he do that if he cant get into Windows? He also said that he already knew that, but could not get into Windows in order to do that.

Its all appreciated, the help I mean. Still screwed up. I think I may try putting the drive into another box as a slave and see if I can access her data that way and maybe do a backup then do a Dell repair disk that she is bringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom