Raid 0 and WinXP installation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
... I think I raided them using the nVidia thing(when it boots up), then I formatted them to NTFS in windows using the "Computer Managment",

Now only my 200GB HD and my DVD recorder now show up on the "Computer Management" thing...

what the hell? i've said it once and i'll say it again do it right the first time or do it wrong many times.

idiot [/napolean]

... thank you for that wonderful insight Anonymous; thanks for taking those few seconds out of your day to specifically insult me for my ignorance, and for the constructive manner in which you did it... thank you...

Now, that aside, does anyone have any clues as to what I can do about it, should I take hte HDs over to my other PC, format them there, and take them back, while clearing all of the RAID setups?

Edit: I apologise An0nym0us, I do not wish this to turn into a flame war... and, for those who wish to help me out a bit, will a USB floppy drive work as my A: drive? I'm considering borrowing one from a friend...

Thanks,
Olan

Olan1Durai said:
... thank you for that wonderful insight Anonymous; thanks for taking those few seconds out of your day to specifically insult me for my ignorance, and for the constructive manner in which you did it... thank you...

Now, that aside, does anyone have any clues as to what I can do about it, should I take hte HDs over to my other PC, format them there, and take them back, while clearing all of the RAID setups?

Edit: I apologise An0nym0us, I do not wish this to turn into a flame war... and, for those who wish to help me out a bit, will a USB floppy drive work as my A: drive? I'm considering borrowing one from a friend...

Thanks,
Olan

I don't know about the usb floppy, try erasing those hard drive and start over

Alright... Heh, I'll just spend those coupla bucks... thanks for all the help, I'll get back to you if I need more

I'll give you some advice:
try to stay away from software RAID's. software is much more likely to fail than hardware.
if your motherboard has a RAID controller, use it. otherwise try and find a PCI RAID controller.

Well, just figured it out, thanks a bunch... heh, my new PC is COMPLETE!!! *prances about in a little circle*

adding it to my sig...

Olan1Durai said:
Well, just figured it out, thanks a bunch... heh, my new PC is COMPLETE!!! *prances about in a little circle*

adding it to my sig...

What did you do?

ooooh...an x850xt? that's gotta hurt

you shouldconsider returning it if you still can, b/c it can't support pixel shader 3 like the much cheaper 6800GT can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom