Problem with 2nd hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
ok i just put in my computer a 2nd hardrive 15gb case i want to put linux on it. know in the bios in cmos i press enter for hdd and it doesnt decet my 1st one and 2nd but when i let the boot countue. it comes to a screen and asks for a cd and on the top it says sec 2 hdd. im on my other computer i cant access the my windows accout. and i try to install the redhat and i got to the point that it asks for partaioning and i tryied but it say theres no drive. sorry if its to messes to read and understand.

I agree with uzi, make sure the jumpers are correct. I would set the HD you already have to master, and the new one to slave.

Elbatrop1 said:
I think thats just for WD hard drives.

BTW, Shawn, nice avatar:D

Yes very nice avatar. You should make a firefox superhero to come and rescue the day! By poking the IE eyes out.

Ok make sure your 120gb is at the end of the IDE cable and your 15gb is at the middle. Set the 120 to Master, and the 15gb to slave. But make sure that you have the jumpersettings right on the 15gb. I know that alot of older drives use a fu#ked up way of selecting the jumpers. Take a look at the label on the top for a schematic. Also configure your BIOS to accept the drive.

Make the settings look something like this:
Primary Master: Auto
Primary Slave: Auto
Secondary Master: Auto
Secondary Slave: Auto

1st Boot Device: CD-ROM
2nd:Floppy
3rd: Master HD
4th: Slave HD

http://www.aboutdebian.com/dualboot.htm

Go to this page to find out how to do a dual boot.

ok know on the botts i have them set like
CD-ROM
FLOPPY
HDD1
HDD2
but know i tried to see if the other hdd was messed up so i connect it as the master and it works so i tried to set the feg. for it but kn ow thew screen is black . and i cant get to bios and i dont know what to do. how to get off this black screen and back to the bios screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom