Movie playback issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

aglobalthreat

Baseband Member
When I download a mpeg and try to watch it on my computer its usually choppy or, it will get messed up and the audio will be like 5-10 seconds in front of the sound. My computer is pretty old but I remember years ago when it never gave me this problem. I know getting a new cpu and videocard and maybe even some more RAM would fix this problem but, I was wondering if anyone knows a way of fixing it without buying anything new, just so it plays mpegs, avis, ect. like it used to.

Best suggestion i have is this.
- update your video card with the updates online.
- update windows media player, if that is what you use, if so id get another player
- update your sound card again with updates online
Hope that will work

Post back if you cant find the updates

okay im updating my video card.. I havent ever done that so Im hopeing this will work. My windows media player is all the way updated. I really dont like that but I prefer it over quicktime or real player.. Do you have any recommended players? As for my sound card I just bought a new one a month ago and updated it, so I dont think that is the problem, but I'll check for updates on that also. I'll get back to you in abou 5 mins when my video card is updated. Thanks for your help.

okay i tried downloading the driver but it had a problem installing ( i have win xp) then i downloaded the driver but for win 98 and it installed but there isnt any difference in the playback.. i dont know why the windows xp one isnt working. .it said it cant locate any drivers that are for my hardware. It might be because when i got this computer it came with the video card and the OS at the time was windows 98. If you can find a driver for me... my video card is NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 MODEL 64/ MODEL 64 PRO

the link didnt work.. i got winamp but it doesnt let me play all movie files.. the audio will go but the screen will stay black =/

Video files are still playing really choppy.. i have a old video card.. 32mb but i dont know.. i coulda sworn it used to play smoothely.. anyone else have some suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom