WOW, dude, check out this benchmark!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU don't matter one bit the 3dmark05.

I compared to a kid running exact same stuff but a p4 2.8 and i only beat him by about 50 marks.

Its all in the graphics card for that bench.

But I hate futuremark.

beedubaya said:
True, but as much as I payed for my graphics card its hard for me to look at it that way. Thats like ATI users say about Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory which only supports DX8.1 for ATI cards; "it still looks nice in DirectX 8.1 mode." Yeah, maybe it does, but as much as we payed for our cards we should get the extra eye candy.

Trust me, i agree with you on this one

true that it doesn't matter greatly, but there still are differences between an AMD64 system compared to a socket A system mainly because of memory bandwidth.

Not only that, it's known fact futuremark is biased towards ATI products as in orb you'll always see the latest ATI drivers approved by futuremark whereas with nvidia it seems to take months.

Nubius said:
true that it doesn't matter greatly, but there still are differences between an AMD64 system compared to a socket A system mainly because of memory bandwidth.

Not only that, it's known fact futuremark is biased towards ATI products as in orb you'll always see the latest ATI drivers approved by futuremark whereas with nvidia it seems to take months.

Good call forgot about that.

And they are so ATI biased it's terrilble. Beed if you read this you really need to sell your card there. You'll get everyone supporting the buy and a bunch of people are obsessed with ATI...Just don't mention the fact you want a GeForce6...

uh no x800 can beat a 6800ultra doing its full potential at all. and the 6800GT beating an ultra? riiiight, if that was the case then the GTs should be 400$. yea those are really flawed to the max. Oh and the G70 cores are supposed to have PS4.0 so i would bet they would perform greatly on PS3.0 games. BTW any word on Elder scrolls oblivion?

I believe they meant to put 6800GT SLI because if you look 6800GT is listed twice.....good ole tom and their ability to pay attention to details eh?

P.P. Mguire said:
uh no x800 can beat a 6800ultra doing its full potential at all. and the 6800GT beating an ultra? riiiight, if that was the case then the GTs should be 400$. yea those are really flawed to the max. Oh and the G70 cores are supposed to have PS4.0 so i would bet they would perform greatly on PS3.0 games. BTW any word on Elder scrolls oblivion?

Where did you find out about the G70 having Shader Model 4.0. If they do include 4.0 and ATI only includes 3.0, its just going to be a repeat of this generation....and ATI is going to have to get on the ball if they are going stay in existence.

There was something about Xbox 360 having PS 4.0, but nothing about the G70 having it. The Xbox 360 is using an ATI chip as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom