WOW, dude, check out this benchmark!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive. However, people are going to still recommend Nvidia cards because of PS 3.0. It is the reason I am angry with ATI. At the same time, I personally dont believe that people will be able to play games with PSM 3.0 on high rez/details with AA and AF on the current line of hardware. The first cards to really take advantage of it will be the R520s and the G70s

Yea, these people with 6600GT's WILLNOT be able to play the Lost Coast without like 2GB RAM and an AMD 4000+.

The 6200's come with PS 3.0 even!

Yeah....its stupid if you ask me, because that card isn't powerful enough to support its features.

The only cards available now that will be able to play "The Lost Coast" mod with HDR and hi-res water are the 6800 GT and 6800 Ultra. Im not sure about the 6600 GT. ATI users will be able to play the level but only with a "bloom" effect and not HDR.

dhw200 said:
It'll still look pretty damned nice without HDR :)

True, but as much as I payed for my graphics card its hard for me to look at it that way. Thats like ATI users say about Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory which only supports DX8.1 for ATI cards; "it still looks nice in DirectX 8.1 mode." Yeah, maybe it does, but as much as we payed for our cards we should get the extra eye candy.

Funny how a 6800Ultra gets 5100 in 3dmark05 yet my GT OC'd to Ultra specs gets 5500......

That article is from december, there have been many drivers updates from then.

They are using an Athlon 4000+ and score 5100 in 3dmark05 with a 6800Ultra, and I score 5500 with a socket A system and an XP-M....that tells you right there, that their benchmarks are old and/or flawed.

They are using 66.93 drivers, so yeah that explains most of it right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom