Break-in period for a new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll keep that in mind, when i'm bored w/ messing up my computer...
I'll start messing w/ my parents CAR.

Yea, about that list. I wonder when the sig gets removed cauze it is too big.

synthetic come completley apart at 300 degree (it's possible to reach this temp with long hard driving) oil don't .

i dont know what your trying to say.. the sentence isnt properly worded either.

typically the max any normal car will go up to is around 250*F(MAX). if you reach 300, i believe your boiling your coolent out and over heating your car at this point. so no, at high cruise on a long drive, a car wont even reach that temp.

synthetic will not come apart b4 regular oil, but you never reach those limits with any oil anyway. unless you do[Estimates] 145(8 cylinder) 130(6 cylinder) 110(4 cylinder) and cruise like that on the highway for an extended period of time.

jolancer said:
i dont know what your trying to say.. the sentence isnt properly worded either.

typically the max any normal car will go up to is around 250*F(MAX). if you reach 300, i believe your boiling your coolent out and over heating your car at this point. so no, at high cruise on a long drive, a car wont even reach that temp.

synthetic will not come apart b4 regular oil, but you never reach those limits with any oil anyway. unless you do[Estimates] 145(8 cylinder) 130(6 cylinder) 110(4 cylinder) and cruise like that on the highway for an extended period of time.

you can beliive what you want, but synthetic will break down at a lower tempature than oil will. it might last longer (than 3 months) but it's too expensive. I pay 5.00 for 5 quarts oil every 3 months, personally. Last time I checked it has alway worked (since the inception of cars). so if it ain't broke, I'm not fixing it

I'm not a great typer so I always take shortcuts. but anyway I dare to do a hudred plus in virginia and pennsylvania (crazy mountains )for extended time and tell me that a car won't reach 300 degrees. I know a ton of people who has locked their cars up who will disagree. I meant to add it was possible, but not pratical in my last posts that a car can reach that temp, but I didn't feel like typing that many words

hey, thats exactly what i said, i right with you. Synthetic *Thumbs down* its a waist of money. and 100+ will boil your car. and i do as you, pay 4.50 for 5q. + oil filter = 6 or $7 oil change.

all i was saying is, if synthetic oil holds its viscosity better then regular oil over time.. common sence would tell you that it also has a slightly wider operating temperature range. i could be wrong, iv never researched the exact specifics of synthetic, mainly cause i dont care. so yea, i guess this thread is becomes as much a waist of time as synthetic lol.

Nubius said:
pretty much anyone who posts in these forums will be added to DJ's ever changing 'list' he just needs to put himself on there

The list is a bad thing, Nubius is quoting things that dont exist :D. You, on the other hand...

You guys are a trip :).

I started reading this thread about a pc break in period, which then drifted to wild allegations about TF members need of Psychiatric help, then to break in periods for a car, then sythetic vs regular oil, and at what points each craps out and how that point can be attained. Not to mention any other random stuff. By the time I got to the end I had completely forgotten about what the thread was actually supposed to be about.

...LOL, keep it up! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom