What does doom3 requre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I strongly wouldn't recommend running Doom 3 with the minimum requirements. There is a HUGE difference between running it on lowest settings and highest settings. The GeForce 4 MX graphics card will run it on lowest settings for crying out loud, but it looks like total crap (Quake 3 looks better). Get a 6600 GT. They are cheap these days and you can run Doom 3 on highest settings without a prob with that card.

I tried Doom on a MX440 64mb card, and it ran horrendously. I also had 512mb RAM, and a 2.4ghz P4. It ran jhorribly. I know have an FX5600 256mb card and a gig of dual channel RAM with the same cpu and it still runs like ass.

Him said:
I tried Doom on a MX440 64mb card, and it ran horrendously. I also had 512mb RAM, and a 2.4ghz P4. It ran jhorribly. I know have an FX5600 256mb card and a gig of dual channel RAM with the same cpu and it still runs like ass.

= It doesn't run well on about anything he's had :)

-SkyHi

Doom 3 is meant specifically for the GeForce 6 series of cards, so you are going to run into problems if you are running it on anything else. X800s can run it decently, but not like the GeForce 6 cards can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom