Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

97lt2959

In Runtime
Hi i was wondering if you could help me.

How do you tell the difference between the different types of memory. ie sdram etc

I will be taking my a+ exam in 2-3 mo. and always search for test prep questions and stuff that i may not currently know... anyways - i somehow got directed to this a little while ago. should answer your question. ;)

read the label =p

lol jokes, only 3 types of ram i can easily tell
EDO - Smallest Ram (not includin laptops)
SDRAM - has 2 pinches in it
DDR RAM - has 1 Pinch in it

It seems that just when you think you figured something out, they come along and change everything on you and you've gotta learn it all over again.
There are so many types of memory modules out there, and if you don't put in the right one, your computer gets very unhappy very quickly.
I always try to check the MB manual to find out what types the board will support.
Some sellers used to have a "Memory Configurator" that you plugged in the make and model of your 'puter and it told you what you needed to buy. I haven't seen one of them in a long time.
Probably don't have 'em anymore 'cause so many people "roll their own".
I did like the website with the different descriptions and so-on.

DaGeek

chrönik04: I will be taking my a+ exam in 2-3 mo. and always search for test prep questions and stuff that i may not currently know... anyways - i somehow got directed to this a little while ago. should answer your question.

Nope that url doesnt help but thanks for trying im trying to distinguish between the different types of memory so ican add some to my computer.

spfd: read the label =p
lol jokes, only 3 types of ram i can easily tell
EDO - Smallest Ram (not includin laptops)
SDRAM - has 2 pinches in it
DDR RAM - has 1 Pinch in it

No labels either ;)
Can i ask what you mean by pinches in it??

ZeekeDaGeek: Probably don't have 'em anymore 'cause so many people "roll their own".

Yes ours is a 'roll their own' i will check the motherboard book and get back to you all (i cant bilieve i didnt think of it sooner!!)

Thanks For All Your Help :), I will check and get back to you all.

Windows 2000 Professional
Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
97,844 KB RAM
AMD K6 II 300Mhz Proccessor

Are you asking this question to be able to add ram to this machine you have. It is an old machine and probably takes 72 pin simms. Not sure what type though. May need more info if this is the question that you are asking.

ok i have a pc chips m577 mainboard on 1 pc and someone informs me i can have a max of 384mb memory on this board. not to sure on that though,

pc133????? ring any bells??

the other computer is a daewoo cb649m-si mainboard - also very old. it says dimm sockets up to 1GB in the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom