6800 GT and the market price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
When do u fellas think the 6800 GT (256MB) will drop down in price to the 6600 GT levels?.. As everyone knows the cheapest is around $299 now and higher.. The 6600 GT is prolly around $160-$190 range. Is the end of the year too optimistic? :-\ The new generation of cards should before in the market by then..

After the G70 is released...I am in a dilemma about whether to get a 6800 GT now or wait for the G70....right now I'm leaning towards waiting....but i dunno....these new games comming out this fall such as F.E.A.R., S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and Quake 4 may just push me over the edge to go ahead and do it. None of those games will be ATI friendly at all from what I hear.

beedubaya said:
After the G70 is released...I am in a dilemma about whether to get a 6800 GT now or wait for the G70....right now I'm leaning towards waiting....but i dunno....these new games comming out this fall such as F.E.A.R., S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and Quake 4 may just push me over the edge to go ahead and do it. None of those games will be ATI friendly at all from what I hear.

Guess it depends on what price the G70s come out at man. Who knows. Maybe it'll be cheaper to get the 6800 GT around September and then buy the G70 later when its "not brand new". Anyways, why haven't u tried to sell ur X800 pro off?.. The longer u keep it, the less valuable it gets on ebay :p..

:) I mean, sell it and get the 6800 GT! The 6800 GT costs more now than at the end of the year, but he'll get less for the X800 pro then than if he sold it now.. If he makes the swap now, at least he'll have better graphics starting now as opposed to later.......

Dang.. That was a tongue twister of a parapgraph.. :-\

yeah I need to sell my marshal microstack, my 2400+ XP, then the 6800GT, buy a Ultra-D board and get the G70 :D that'd be "EL PWNAGE?"

Nubius said:
yeah I need to sell my marshal microstack, my 2400+ XP, then the 6800GT, buy a Ultra-D board and get the G70 :D that'd be "EL PWNAGE?"

Your system is "EL PWNAGE" now, even with that Athlon XP compared to what most of us have....if I had a 6800 GT now, I wouldn't be in as big of a rush to get the G70, and would probably wait till the price drops. But I think I am going to get one before Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom