Folder keeps returning

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry blitze105 i didnt mean anything by it i just was gettin frustrated as it is annoying me.. tried wat u sed but no luck im sick of it now i think ill do a repair (which u also sed) .. i was gunna end up doin that anywayz but wanted to no if anyone had this prob b4.. thnx all for ur help but looks like this one goes unsolved.. cya, stuart

hey all just wanted 2 write one last thing.. i fixed it without repairing installation.. i searched in the registry for Administrative Tools and deleted anything that reffered to Desktop\Admin... and so forth and its fixed! i shoulda thort 2 do that from da start.. wel thnx for ya help anywayz .. cheers

Have you tried just disabling XP from displaying the Administrative tools folder.

Right click on start -> Properties
Click Customize next to whichever start menu you use

For Default XP Start Menu
1. Click on Advanced Tab
2. Under Start Menu items scroll all the way to the bottom
3. Under System Administrative Tools set the radio button to "Don't display this item"

For Classic Start Menu
1. Under Advanced Start Menu Options, uncheck the "Display Administrative Tools" box

I'm not sure why it would be popping up on your desktop, but see if it works.

BlkShdw88 said:
hey all just wanted 2 write one last thing.. i fixed it without repairing installation.. i searched in the registry for Administrative Tools and deleted anything that reffered to Desktop\Admin... and so forth and its fixed! i shoulda thort 2 do that from da start.. wel thnx for ya help anywayz .. cheers

Umm... i don't suggest just deleting things from your registry.... not the safest thing to do but im glad you fixed it..

bla!! said:
Have you tried just disabling XP from displaying the Administrative tools folder.

Right click on start -> Properties
Click Customize next to whichever start menu you use

For Default XP Start Menu
1. Click on Advanced Tab
2. Under Start Menu items scroll all the way to the bottom
3. Under System Administrative Tools set the radio button to "Don't display this item"

For Classic Start Menu
1. Under Advanced Start Menu Options, uncheck the "Display Administrative Tools" box

I'm not sure why it would be popping up on your desktop, but see if it works.

yeah i had already tried that and didnt do anything becoz it was on desktop not in start menu.. thnx anywayz.. and i only deleted registry files that contained the Desktop/Administrative Tools as a value to fix the prob.. thnx agn cyas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom