MOBO Fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefragMyHead

In Runtime
Ok, so my buddy has a dell that was struck through his cable connection in a lightning storm and now his computer doesn't turn on...what is likely the problem here? has his motherboard been destroyed? could it have been his power supply? is there anyway he can diagnose the malfunction without spending money on needless hardware? any suggestion, ideas, etc are welcome.

Check your PSU

If that doesn' work, i saw your screwed.

But don't give up; sub out every single piece till it works. And if it doesn't, unlucky you; i think you're gunna have to get a new comp...dells are bad anyways.

Sounds like it got fried. That is why you turn off electrical items in a lightning storm.

Check your PSU

If that doesn' work, i saw your screwed.

But don't give up; sub out every single piece till it works. And if it doesn't, unlucky you; i think you're gunna have to get a new comp...dells are bad anyways.

Hah, well luckily (for me) I'm really asking for a friend, not pulling out the old "it's for a friend, but really for me, I'm just too damned embarrased to say so" trick. I tell him Dell's are bad.

Oh, well i just say you because whenever people come there, they ususally ask your themselves, so i just put the second person in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom