windows firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
scroll down and tell me if u see internet connection service or w/e it was. my sp2 doesnt have it, but this pc does, lol, but tell me anyways

To resolve this problem if you are running Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), follow these steps:1. Rebuild the Winsock LSP chain. To do this, follow these steps:a. Log on to the Microsoft Windows XP workstation as an administrator.
b. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
c. At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
netsh Winsock reset
When the program is finished, you will receive the following message:
Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset.
If you receive this message, go to step 1d.

If you are not logged in as an administrator, you will receive the following error message:
Unable to reset the Winsock Catalog. Access is denied.
If you receive this message, log off the computer, and then log back on by using an account with Administrator access. Typically, the first user account that was created has Administrator access. Then, repeat steps 1b and 1c.
d. Restart your computer.

2. Test each of your third-party programs that are known to use LSPs.
3. Reinstall any malfunctioning third-party programs that are known to use LSPs.

This could have happend when you ran a spyware scan such as Microsoft Antispy that removed the adaware and the adaware also took with it, the layered LSP which can not be restored by the program. Did you happen to run it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom