I accidently remove the java visual machine from my windows XP? what should I do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock31

Solid State Member
I accidentally removed the java visual machine from my window Xp.
Now, I can not do windowsupdate anymore. IE won't do anything as long as there needs a java function executed.

What should I do now? I don't want to delete everything, reinstall the sytem. I hope I can just install something that sort everything out.

Thanks alot

Yeah, uninstall java from add/remove programs (if it's there), and then donwload the runtime environment and voila, it should work again.

EDIT: you may need to tell Java/IE about each other, there should be checkboxes in Java options.

First its Java Virtual Machine not Visual machine
you can download it from java.com no prob @all

by the way how did u removed it??????

I was intended to remove the spyware with hijackthis. I check the box for java, and fix it. That is it. :(

I guess it might not be the problem of java virtual machine. It should be the problem of IE.
Reasons are:
1. I uninstalled and then installed Jave runtime enviroment again. This won't improve the situation.
2. I have online mailbox which requires running of Javascript function. I can not display them with IE just the way I can not update windows. But I can display them properly with Mozilla Firefox. This might indicate that java is all right. It should be the problem of IE. I tried to re-install IE and did not succeed because the IE I downloaded is older than the version in my computer. Also, I don't how to remove the old IE.

This is good news because I finally am one step closer to the solution. But at the same time, I am even more confused and don't know what to do next?

Help!!! SOS

Hey don't feel bad you confused me too.

1. Its kinda bad if you cant install updates. Might need a good old format.
2. Re installing java should fix your problem.
3. Go to... Start -> control panel -> add/remove programs -> Windows components -> uncheck IE and hit OK
4. You can download IE 6 here...
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2290.html

Thank you so much.
I have done the step 2, 3, and 4 you mentioned above successfully.

But when I tried to install IE, It did not work out. IE is still there. I can not re-install IE anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom