Break-in period for a new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow taht would be like changing the as5

no, its the oposite with AS5... AS5 isnt a component that wears. it performs better over time. Once AS5 is applyed it should never be touched again.

Engine oil wears down over time. so it performs worse and worse. new oil performs better.

Also note - if you drive your car normally, dont let those sales ppl convince you that Synthetic oil is better(if you take your car somewere for service). Because its not, its only a lot more expensive.

if you drive a car like a teenager and consider everyday a race day, synthetic may help. or it may not because your abusing it so much.

Ahh synthetic oil is better for new cars, period. Regular motor oil is good for high mile cars, 120K+. Also, I believe that gel does wear out over time, not sure how long that time is though.

-Ryan

pretty much anyone who posts in these forums will be added to DJ's ever changing 'list' he just needs to put himself on there

Usually now the key word here is " usually" if your new computer runs fine the first month without any major hardware problems you should have no worries for a while, unless you start to farting around with it, installing other hardware, o/c, flashing, etc.

MrBebop26 - you should never use synthetic oil. unless of course you have a load to burn and feel like throwing money away.

only difference between synthetic and regular is = theoreticaly synthetic oil can hold its viscosity a little better then regular oil when it overheats, or when its driven on past its change point.

that is of course theoretical, because no one has tested it... and id bet all my money that if someone did test it, it wouldnt stand up anybetter then regular oil.

it was my job for a time being to sell the stuff and put it in your car, so i know.. i was just giving you a heads up.

Note- you can change between synthetic and regular, but just dont mix them together.
------------------------------------------------------

AS5 is not a gel, so it wont degrade or desintigrate into the environment. as it goes threw heat cycles, the particals will prolly only get closer and closer together, making a tighter harder seal. performing better and better.

jolancer said:
MrBebop26 - you should never use synthetic oil. unless of course you have a load to burn and feel like throwing money away.

only difference between synthetic and regular is = theoreticaly synthetic oil can hold its viscosity a little better then regular oil when it overheats, or when its driven on past its change point.

that is of course theoretical, because no one has tested it... and id bet all my money that if someone did test it, it wouldnt stand up anybetter then regular oil.

it was my job for a time being to sell the stuff and put it in your car, so i know.. i was just giving you a heads up.

Note- you can change between synthetic and regular, but just dont mix them together.
------------------------------------------------------

AS5 is not a gel, so it wont degrade or desintigrate into the environment. as it goes threw heat cycles, the particals will prolly only get closer and closer together, making a tighter harder seal. performing better and better.

synthetic come completley apart at 300 degree (it's possible to reach this temp with long hard driving) oil don't .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom