Possible monitor or bios problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keredc

Beta member
i'm guessing this question would go here lol. but ya, every time i reset my computer, when it restarts my computer screen blacks out and the power light blinks as if it weren't hooked up to the computer at all, or on hibernate. moving the mouse doesn't help, but when i reboot again, the monitor works just fine. it's the same if i turn off the computer.:confused: is this a monitor problem? a bios problem? a motherboard problem? how do i fix this?

When you reset, are you clicking the start button, clicking shutdown, or are you hitting the button on the front of your case?

As far as which button I hit it really doesn't matter, because no matter which it is, it does that. The mobo is MSI K7N2 Delta2-LSR ATX. Processor is an AMD Duron 1.8, 256 ram (one of the 256 chips I ordered was bad), Voodoo video card (old one, actually, that may be it, dunno). I'm on Win XP Pro.

Welcome to McDonalds, may I take your order?

Nah, I think I'll go to the Burger King. They have better customer service. ;)

Is this Voodoo an agp or a pci card? anyway, you could try this out, even though it prolly won't fix anything. :) there's a setting in bios called: "init display first". you can set it to agp or pci. select the right one. if you're not sure about the bios settings you could also try loading the default settigns and see if it helps. also update your bios, if possible.

do you have the hibernation enabled? does it work properly? have you tried to disable it?

what if you run in safe mode and the turn off your system? same problem?

Ok tried the hibernate thing, and the bios is set to pci for my video card. Haven't tried the safe mode thing yet though.

It's your monitor not the computer. I have that same problem because I have an older monitor and it doesn't read the signals unless you turn it on AFTER the computer is started up. Sounds like the same thing. Hope that did it for you.

Well I'm pretty sure when it did that a couple times it was already on when I turned on the computer, and then I would turn the monitor off and then on and nothing. Don't know if that bit of info is helpful, or is it that it only really counts to turn it on after the computer is switched on as you said? Also this monitor worked fine before with my old motherboard. But it seems to do it with my new motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom