Mini ATX setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingapc

Beta member
Hi folks,

I am going to be building a new (general use) system for my personal (home) use and I need your help!!

First of all I want a micro ATX case cuz my space is limited, so everything I get must be compatible.

I am thinking of utilizing an Intel P4 2.4 Ghz @533 w 1MB HT because I gan get it for a really good price. This is a 478 socket chip so I would need a motherboard with Micro ATX form factor that wil hold it.

I don't want onboard graphics, but I do want onboard sound and LAN.

I have been searching for some good motherboards that I could use and was hoping maybe some of you would be able to help me chose one thats right for me.

Thanks in advance

You really should just get a regular ATX, if you are that low on space, go for an Apple Mac Mini. They are everything you need in one.

-Ryan

You really should just get a regular ATX,

And why's that? You dont really get a performance decrease with microATX. You lose a couple PCI slots, and thats about it (unless there is something I dont know about). As long as the case has decent ventilation, I really dont see any probs with it.

Well upgradability, if thats a word. I'm not sure about performance, I dont believe there is a difference. I just think if your that tight on space go for an Apple Mac Mini. Otherwise whats wrong with an ATX. I know I make no sense, dont tell me.

-Ryan

I dont understand how losing some PCI slots really hurts your upgradability. Am I being ignorant? I dont mean to come across as a jackass or anything, I just dont understand how a microATX board really effects the ability to upgrade later.

As far as "upgradeability" I don't forsee it as being an issue.

But one thing I was just thinking about is Firewire... I think I would like a mobo that sports firewire... or am I asking for too much now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom