Memory Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greencow_555

Baseband Member
I have just tried to help a friend put in some memory I bought for him and when I put the mem in the computer doesn't boot up.

The motherboard is an ATHLON XP2700+ and the memory is DDR2700 matrix.

THe two memory sticks that were alreasy on the motherboard were ddr2700 also. We tried as many combinations of the stick as possible and it only seems to work in the original config.

When theres a problem, the lights on the front of the machine turn opn and the fan kicks off, but the monitor doesn't register anything and stays on standby. There is no beeping at all.

Is this common, or simple to resolve?

Thanks in advance,

Gaz.

What is the original config of the ram? Is there any way you can run the computer with all of the sticks? Download memtest86 and run that. What EXACTLY is the motherboard? Who makes it? Athalon 2700+ is the name of the cpu and not the mobo. How much ram were you trying to put in and how much does it already have?

I'll have to find out the motherboard. There are two 256mb sticks in alreadylike I said, and I am going for an extra 512 like I said.

What if you try just the 512 by itself. Also, try the 512 on another computer (if you can). You might have bought a bad stick of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom