Elaborate OC'ed rigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
As some of you may know, I plan on building an extreme OC'ed rig. I just managed to get my little project sponsorship from a local company, so that makes this idea even more come to life. I was wonderign what some of the most elaborate cooling systems, and elaborate OC'ed machines people either have or have seen. Picutres and websites would be awesome! I need some ideas, and the more the better.

Phase change or liquid nitrogen is the only way to go if your being sponsored :D

Just google how to make your own phasechange

DJ-CHRIS said:
Phase change or liquid nitrogen is the only way to go if your being sponsored :D

Just google how to make your own phasechange

Well, liquid nitrogen is a little out of the question. Due to it's human-life ending qualities. But phase change, certainly is in the question. We are thinking some elaborate concauction of water cooling, air, and a little bit o' phase change.

On a similar note, on the THG page that zeroordie sent me, they showed a modded ASUS board with a modded voltage regulator(http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20031230). Does anyone know if they did this themselves, or they bought it from asus like that, or what? I didnt take into consideration that, to reach a very high oc, you may surpass the amount of voltage that the stock regulator can (or will) spit out. They heavily modded the capacitors, and also added some transistors in the middle of the socket.

I'm aiming to OC as high as possible, not limit.

They certinatly didnt buy it like that

The DFI lanparty mobo's give out enough voltage and are the best OC'ers anywas

I thought maybe they got a special one from ASUS or something. I know the DFI's are best for OCing, but do the lanparty's come for Intel's? I've decided to go with an Intel for my OC rig, because it has the highest potential clock speed.

No offense, but I've seen you in regards to OC'ing and you really aren't that knowledgable yet.....people spend a lot of time and energy learning to properly overclock before they move onto heavy and 'elaborate' things such as phase change and going for ridiculous world record type overclocks and you are planning to just jump in there and think you can do it right away? That's practically an insult to those people like fugger and xtremesystems.org have worked really hard to build a name for themselves and their skill

Aye to that, I've gotten my feet wet with overclocking but I in no way would consider myself anywhere close to breaking records or anything along those lines, my knowledge of hardware and overclocking is beginner at most, and there are tens of thousands of others who have the same if not more extensive knowledge than I.

You really just have to take stepping stones as the real way to learn this stuff comes from hands on experience. People at XS work long and hard and have incredible knowledge of this stuff that I couldn't hold a candle to, stuff like the 4GHz FX-55 and 7GHz Intel weren't just overnight projects...

I'm not meaning to shoot you down or anything like that, I'm simply suggesting that knowing the FSB speed rule to increasing speed isn't enough if you wanna get any big results.

Anyways, as I've mentioned before, I may be somewhat of a bigfish here, but I do TONS more reading over at xtremesystems and rarely post simply because I'm learning from them rather than teaching people here.

Start your research here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom