Not open for further replies.

baronvongogo

Fully Optimized
can anyone help me with this my specs are:

Award bios
AMD 3200+
2 gig of RAM
pci express msi nx 6800GT graphics card

everything works fine except when my pc is left for long periods of time mainly over night i get a noise, i thought it was a bios beep but its inconsistant and doesnt last the same amount of time. The noise stops once it enters windows and if i reset, it wont occur again and as the sound never happens all the time i cant chop and change parts to find out the probem.

The noise sounds more like hardware than a beep but im unsure. As for performance i see no problems i play doom 3 and farcry with ease and applications run smoothly.

The only error i get is if i try and alter the dynamic overclocking the screen goes fussy and the comp resets.

Any help would be appriciated thankyou.

Unplug your computer speakers and see if it still happens. Check your fans to make sure they aren;t damaged/obstructed. And If you are using onboard sound, it is most likely that. Borrow a sound card from a friend or soemthign and see if the problem goes away.

more info

well i have an n force 4 motherboard which has onboard sound, The problem sounds like a high pitched beep. Thanks for the replys i`ll chop and change some sound cards and see what happens.

Yeah I get a little hissing something every once in a while on my speakers. I'm using the ASUS Mobo with on-board sound. Not very often but every so often it happens. Not enough of an issue for me to buy a soundcard though.

problem solved!

thanks for the help, but after all that messing around it was my CPU fan it was going on and off guess i`ll have to replace it, hopefully its nothing to do with my motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom