p4 3.2 oc

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just checked and i'm seeing that system idle process is using around 50% of my cpu as well as prime95, which should add up to 100% usage, but in the performance tab it only shows my cpu being used at 50%. i'm guessing that i cant stop system idle process without causing any problems in windows so what should i do?

can i get an aswer plz? i'm having instabilities and windows reboots every time i run 3dmark05 whereas is does not when i run prime 95 for 3 hours. i've uped my voltage from 1.38 to 1.42 and still no change xcept that 3dmark05 runs longer before my comp reboots. wtf is going on???????

It could be a few things, like I said at the beginning, uping the fsb also OC's the RAM, so the RAM might need more voltage, or need to lower it with the fsb:ram ratio.

Your cpu could need more voltage, what are temps?

Did you lock your AGP/PCI frequencies? If not, that could be doing it.

Give full OC specs including:
FSB
Multiplier
RAM divider
PCI/AGP lock status
Voltage (CPU and RAM)

i had not locked my pci-e frequencies so they went up when i OCed my cpu. why is that bad?
my temps are a bit hot, but reasonable 45 idle and around 50-55 on full load (after playing UT2004 at full res for 3 hours)

My OC specs are:
FSB : 231 (originally 200)
Multiplier : 16
RAM divider : NO clue as to what that is...
PCE-E status : just locked it, it's frequency used to be tied to my fsb
Ram voltage : normal
CPU voltage : 1.4250 V instead of 1.3875 V normal

OK, you locked your PCI-E, good. You should also lock normal PCI as well. It should be locked around 33 or something.

You better learn about the RAM divider. What kind of RAM do you have? Is it DDR 400 or DDR2 533? Brand? It takes very good RAM to OC it by 31MHz. I would guess that is your problem.

The option is somewhere in your BIOS. It will either look like 1:1, 3:4 etc, or it will look like 166, 200, 233, 266 etc. You will want to set it so that the RAM runs at a lower frequency than the fsb. For example:

3:4 = RAM:FSB

i can see the ram frequency, but it goes down as i increase my fsb!!!
plus, i dont have any control on that, its linked to the fsb. at fsb=200, my ram frequency is 533, but when my fsb is at 231, my ram frequency is at 462...
whats up with that?

It looks like the RAM frequency is set to auto. It is automaticaly setting a divider when you increase the FSB. You can change it to manual, but it seems to be doing what you would do with manual anyways.

I don't know what else to tell you. Make sure BOTH PCI-e and PCI are locked. If still not stable decrease the fsb or increase the vcore.

My vcore is already increased from 1.3875 normal to 1.4250, but i suppose that thats not enough for a 600Mhz OC then
i'll increase vcore somemore but i dont wanna increase it to much...
since i'm aiming for 4Ghz, am i dreaming or not?
and do i not need to worry about my ram then if its auto ajusting itself?

ok so i checked and although the brand isnt written on the ram, it said
PC2 4300 512MB U-DIMM CL4
another problem has risen (when does it end???), my comp wont boot with my saved settings when my vcore is over 1.45V. is this a security, because i'd like to be able to bypass it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom