How high OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerfootball05

In Runtime
How high could i overclock the rig in my sig assuming i have stock cooling and this would be my first time. Don't worry i will get some help before i even try it, i just want a rough estimate.

1.) don't try overclocking with a 20pin PSU
2.) once you get your 420W TT, you'll be a little more safer
3.) value ram can't OC for crap, except 210Mhz or so (200 is stock, so around 2000 to 2100mhz)

emealdice you spoke my speech!

Anyway, just a tip to remind you, watch your speed! No seriously...

For example ive overclocked my pentium 2.8ghz processor as far as it goes before dying. ITs currently at 2.6ghz. And before you start, that is a full 200mhz below what its default speed should be. Why? Cheap manufacturing in taiwan or whatever i suppose.
Moral of the story: Isnt one, just thoguht id tell ya.

dakta said:
For example ive overclocked my pentium 2.8ghz processor as far as it goes before dying. ITs currently at 2.6ghz. And before you start, that is a full 200mhz below what its default speed should be. Why? Cheap manufacturing in taiwan or whatever i suppose.

I just think you never had it set right to begin with,Why would it be lower with you even OC'ing it :rolleyes:

ur cpu should reach around 2.6 2.7gig. BUT ur ram simply wont go anywhere near that so if u want to chip to run that fast ul have to put it in a ratio. i think itll be 166 u should select. but as diable sed ur value ram wont pass 210mhz plus with only havin a 20pin psu ur gonna be unstable when trying to reach that speed if i were u i would keep the ratio at 1:1 and get to about 2.1gig and not go any further as u become unstable very quickly.

diabloII said:
1.) don't try overclocking with a 20pin PSU
2.) once you get your 420W TT, you'll be a little more safer
3.) value ram can't OC for crap, except 210Mhz or so (200 is stock, so around 2000 to 2100mhz)

why is that? i'm OCed, still trying to make it stable but i have a 24 pin mopo powered by a 20 pin PSU and no has yet told me that that was an issue...

Your video card is also less demanding

Wait for your 24 pin PSU (thermaltake's coem with a nifty adapter) and OC than, watch your temps and stability

Check out my specs... I overclocked my 3000+ to 2.3 GHz and I am fine. I could go higher if I experimented for a while (I used to have it at 2.6 GHz) but really there is no reason for me too. I mean, I get everything I need out of this rig right now, but I think you can get AT LEAST over 2.3 GHz (with value RAM).

whats the porb with ocing with a 20 pin psu??? i get 2.6 easy with mine and and i have value ram and a cheap psu. 2.3ghz i can get 1:1 and thats with tightened timings. look BE CARFUL when u oc but don't get too freaked out. just make sure u know your oc is stable witha 24 hour run of prime before leaving it there. also make sure u know how to wipe your bios :) i have had to do that soooo many times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom