Windows Explorer has encountered a problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortlandstreet

Beta member
Hi every one i really need your help on this!
I get the message about windows explorer encountering a problem and needs to close, im sure all of you do but i get this roughy once every 10 mins and explorer reloads and my windows that i had up dissapear! Sometimes after i click on it another one will come up something about drwatson postmortem debugger needs to close to! then all hell breaks lose and it freezes! i need help now!

Thank you so much

Attachments

• prob 1 small1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 51
Try disabling Windos Error Reporting servece in the control panel and msconfig / services section.

That really shouldnt help that problem

But is McAfee antivirus installed or ever installed on that PC?

Explorer crashes randomly due to no reason at all are one of MS's bug's

Check your processes. If you don't know what some/one of them are, use google to find out what it is. Here's the syntax:

In search bar
Code:
name.exe

Then it should come up with a lot of different sites, I usually use liutilities, because they've been a good source for me.

-SkyHi

I realise that explorer crashes it happens all the time but at the moment every 5 to 10 minutes ALWAYS! it is abnormal!
I forgot to mention that i have done regular scans with the latest Norton 2004 definitions and adaware and spybot s&d.

I have XP and run with an average of 60-65 processes at all times - To much?

Well I have a few ideas that you may want to try. First make sure you don't have any viruses (that shouldn't be a problem since you said you do normal scans) the other one though is to try copying the system files from your XP cd onto the hd, it could be a corrupted file...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom