DDR400 running at 320

Status
Not open for further replies.

regeisle

In Runtime
Hey everyone..

Here's the situation. I had 1 GB (2 x 512) Kingston DDR400 ValueRam and it was running fine in dual channel mode. I work with very large graphics files, and saw the need to add a second gig with ram prices dropping so much. I got a gig (2 x 512) Corsair ValueSelect RAM DDR400 from newegg, booted up and had no problems but noticed some things were even slower, so I restarted to check the post display for the ram. It now says DDR320 running in dual channel mode.

All 4 sticks are are DDR(1) 400 PC 3200, and the only difference is that the timings for Kingston is an even 3, and for Corsair it is 2.5. I was told, and was pretty sure anyway, that the only issue would be the Corsair running at CAS 3 to match the Kingston.

Does anyone know why it would now be running at 320? If there's a way I could change something it'd be a whole lot easier than sending this back to get another gig of Kingston for a perfect match.

Thanks in advance!

Richard

what are u using to get the pc320? it might have a bug cos im guessing that shuld have a extra 0 to make the pc3200. it may be becuase having 2 gig of ram produces much bigger latencies and requires more powerfrom the cpu. either that or there is sum other problem with the ram.

it was in the bios, the post screen, displayed DDR 320 running in dual channel dynamic paging mode. Before the new addition, that said DDR 400 running in dual channel. So it's not a typo'd 3200. I went into manual settings in the bios and found that the ram frequency was dropped down to 320, and the latency dropped to 2.5. I upped the frequency to 400, and left the cas and we'll see how it goes. If anyone else has done this or could think of any problems, please let me know.

Some motherboards will downclock the RAM to a set speed when all four DIMM slots are in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom