PC Trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

malakyte

Beta member
Hello all I seem to be having a little PC Trouble. I tried to turn on my PC yesterday and it was about to do so and then it went dead, not sure what could have caused this but I'm wondering if it could be that the Power Supply died, Motherboard is fried or some other hardware issue. If someone could get back to be that would be greatly appreciated.

Malakyte.

Make sure the connector is fit snuggly to your motherboard. Check the On/Off switch on the PSU. Also make sure your power cable, the plug is connected too. Does the fan start when you press the power button? And I need specs too.

My specs are:

Pentium 4 1.7 gigahertz, 512 mb of DDR Ram, one 160 gig Western Digital and an 80 gig Maxtor, 350 watt Power Supply and an Asus P4VP-MX Motherboard. My Western Digital was the Primary drive and the Maxtor was the secondary, I've partitioned my WD into 4 drives My OS is on the C obviously and I had 3 other drives for everything else if I was to format the drive with the OS it will wipe everything from the 160 gig correct? everything else seems to be alright, could it be anything else. Hopefully the specs I've provided help out a bit?

If you formated the single partition with windows, your data will not be whiped out, But you would have to install windows over obviously. I would work on the PSU, see if thats the problem first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom