Patriot XBL Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
the XBLKs are the better OC'ers...notice the timings on the one you got are 2-3-2-5, that means they are more than likely samsung TCCC chips...they aren't quite so bad that they are valueRAM but TCCDs are the best chips you can get pretty much, aside from BH-5's which require a lot more juice to thoroughly open them up.

If you have time and REALLY want to OC, I'd suggest you get the XBLKs

That OCZ RAM you listed is valueRAM, looser timings and definitely won't OC as much.

Patriot is a well known name brand, but some companies are just bigger, but trust me they're good RAM.

well i would like to get an extra 100-300 maybe 400 mhz out of my fx-55 withought watercooling but nothing to serous i guess so it looks like its really not worth getting the XBLK for me.

the only expeirence i have with OCing is with my 2600xp +. I got an extra 80somthing mhz out of it with a standard heatsink and a case with 4 80mms in it. I hear that the FXs are easier to oc(edit: or rather take overclocking easier). I bought a Arctic-Cool cpu heatsink and fan with thermalpaste got my FX-55.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom