Overclocking a graphics card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... uh... coolbits has a temp thing, but I am not sure if it is accurate. Anyone wanna take a shot at both of our questions?

Once you become an experienced OC, you will understand how much your system temperatures will increase while running. When i say experienced, i dont mean a pro. Once you know your system well enough. Monitoring your temps is the most important thing you can do. To prevent OC failures. Just becareful becuase OC failures will corrupt windows. This only takes a few seconds. Once windows is corrupt, you must install windows over completely, or replace some type of file. Either way the most common effect from OC failures is corrpting windows. The least common is burning hardware.

Overclocking failures come from -to much or to little voltage or a high demond OC. Heat aswell, or hitting your GPU's architecture limit to many times. So make sure you take things slow, small increases. Also make sure your voltage increases are accurate. I have screwed my system up TONS of times from OC failures. Just make sure you know what your doing, and your careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom