Ye Olde Stop Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
So I turned off my computer today in, god knows how long. I turned it on, got to load Windows and BAM! Restart. So i start in safe mode, turn off the restart thing, and resart again. So now it goes to the blue screen, and ALAS! No restart, stays on the bsod.

Stop: 0x000...c2 (0x000....40, 0x000..1000, 0x800..., 0x000...)

Simple stuff. At the top, it said "a problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer"

And right under that:

BAD_POOL_CALLER

What the hell is that? My system specs are listed in my syg. Need any info beyond what I told you, just tell me.

Thanks

Do a Google/Yahoo for Memtest86, burn it onto a floppy, test RAM for errors. BSOD's are more than often (though not always directly, mind) affected by bad RAM.

Mandingo said:

Thats weird, because I dont even have SP2 nor a wireless care in my machine. But thanks though.

I got memtest86 and ran it on my laptop, because I was watching TV on my computer and I figured I would run it on my laptop for the hell out of it and run memtest on my big computer when I go to work. Alas, after 12 hours of running, memtest was still chugging away. On a machine with 256mb ram! Thats insane! But meh, hopeuflly when I get home from work today it will be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom