what would you do with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGTA

In Runtime
what would you do with about 600 dollars if you had my setup? im not very interested in overclocking but occasionally when i am bored i have a lil fun :D

i will have the money in about a month but idk if i should

a) get a couple 6800gt's and put them in SLi (when price goes down)

b) get some raptors and put them in RAID 0 and with the extra $$ get xp64 when it comes out

c) spend at most about 100 of it and save the rest for doing major upgrades when dual cores go down in price and AMD comes out with a different socket in place of 939 and when DDR2667(i think) becomes the standard (ill basically buy a new comp)

d) save, save, and keep saving and get a real kick-azz system once my comp starts to not play games that well (if i do this i will upgrade my video card to a 6800gt or ultra)

e) whatever u guys say :D.

D-save $$ until windows has a real OS thats both 64bit and multicore capable, then buy a quad core machine(it will be a few years till microsoft catches up)

should i wait for Longhorn to do major upgrades and just do some minor ones now? idk about that considering it will take decades for them to get Longhorn out ;)

You have an extra $600 just laying around? geez what kind of job do you have? Any ways i would update to a 6800 or just get another 6600 and then save some more for longhorn.

i thought the R580 cores would come out right after the R520 cores..

if i were you, i'd grab myself a big honking prometia and starting OCing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom