My new H20 Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Woohoo, finally after having my poor computer down for over a week I got it back yesterday and started putting it altogether, only to find out I didn't quite have enough tubing to finish the loop.....literally missing one piece lol....the piece I had was too short, and the two ends that needed connecting were really close which results in the hose kinking.....anywho, it's up now, and liquid is flowing through it's veins :D

I have no turned the computer on yet....so I will be reporting back in this post a little bit later with that...I've never been able to take apart my computer, put it back together again and have it boot first try, so chances are I'll have to troubleshoot something although I hope to god I don't have to.

Currently I'm letting the system bleed (getting air bubbles out) and all that good stuff and in one of the pics you'll see paper towel pieces which of course is to help me determine leaks if any.

Anywho, here's my modded out computer, which isn't quite finished as there's still the side panel to get done, the T-line to properly mount, LED's and a cold cathode to add and things of that nature which I'll be posting at a later date.

On with the pics! :D

My Coolant

koolaid.jpg

Maze4GPU with tweakmonster RAM Sinks on the 6800GT

maze4.jpg

maze42.jpg

"Nubiu$" etching done in plexi top

nubiusetch.jpg

Preliminary fittings

setupfinal.jpg

(you can see the loop is not complete, and the bit of hose sticking off the T of the pump is the one that wouldn't quite fit)

And final loop with coolant :D

running.jpg

Yeah it turned out more pinkish than red, but I didn't want to add a lot of the red dye I have because too much dye and antifreeze will just wind up killing performance....soooo I'm going to see how the setup does and then possibly add more dye to it later....plus I'll have red LED'd fans so that might make it look more red when all is said and done.

That's all folks.....hopefully I'll be up and running within the hour and can post back with new temps and such

Right on man, looks good. Are you going to have to move that long tube in front to get the side panel on?

You going to be ready to do it all over again when you switch to your A64?:p

That's pretty sweet man. Let us all know how it works out for you and what the temps are!

Hey good job! Looks good, you put anti-freeze in there? If so, where did you find clear antifreeze?

-Ryan

Right on man, looks good. Are you going to have to move that long tube in front to get the side panel on?
Which one, the one going from the maze4 to the T-line or the T-line itself with the fillport at the top? The fillport one I will be drilling a hole in the case at the top and be mounting it properly, that's just a temp solution for now....if you meant the one going from the maze4, nah the pump would sooner get in the way of the panel.

EDIT: Oh yeah, can't friggen wait to do it all over again for AMD64
:( oh well, that'll be the last time I'll have to do it for a while and I guess this just gives me practice

Looks good, you put anti-freeze in there? If so, where did you find clear antifreeze?
Yeah it was anti-freeze, but it was actually red antifreeze, toyota....well screw it....I just took a pic :p I'll attach the pic so you can see what I used specifically...the stuff is really blood red, BUT I only used about a 7-10% mixture of anti-freeze to distilled water and then a few drops of 'fire red dye' from Dtek, but yeaah I'd have to like use the whole damn bottle to get it REALLY red lol.

Attachments

• antifreeze.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 75
Toyota? Oh well. Just kidding but you can add food coloring to it, it wont do anything to the anti-freeze.

-Ryan

I asked that question over at xtremesystems.org about food coloring and I got mixed results....a lot of people were like 'ehhh I don't know about the pump' and I think there was only one person who had actually done it, sooo yeah I went with the fire red dye from dtek, but even with food coloring I'd have to add a good amount just like the dye to get it really red which would kill performance a little.

Looking good, you already know my thoughts on all of this. ;) I'll get a nice little prelude of what sort of results to expect from mine. :)

I read somewhere when I was looking into watercooling that food colouring will eventually junk up the pump and even other high resistant parts if it's left in long enough, can't remember where exactly I read it though.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly for ya.

Yay! My computer is running! Woohoo! By the grace of god is the only way this booted practically first try....it gave me some weird error like 'CPU UNWORKING' and yes I swear it said something to the effect of unworking, but it posted and was recognizing the CPU but was at 600MHz and froze at that spot....then my keyboard wasn't working so I had to swap it out with this old white crappy one, and rebooted, this keyboard worked, got into BIOS, set it at 1.8GHz (stock) and bam it booted into windows, so far so good, so then I restart, put it back at my normal 2.5GHz with 1.85Vcore and bam here I am in windows! :D

Now for temps cause I know that's what you're all dying to see :p

CPU Full load - 39C compared to 49-50C with my tornado at full blast

GPU - 47C compared to 70C (idle) I don't have idle temps for the CPU because I got folding going on in the background so my CPU is constantly at 100% and I don't have full load GPU yet because I haven't run anything yet but I'll be sure to post that up sooner or later as well :D

Nice, that GPU temp change is GREAT! I would have to think no more than 60 full load wich is cool as hell for a 6800GT.

So you think you can go higher on the CPU OC now? Or are you maxed with voltage, RAM etc?

You should also be able to run that GPU at 425 core 24/7 easy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom