Windows Longhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longhorn is just Microshafts attempt to get to the same level that Linux has always been on with the performance of an OS. I personally can't see myself buying Longhorn. I'm still getting used to XP because I used to run Linux. I've seen the Beta/Alpha version and it's not all that impressive imo.

The beta/alpha release of Longhorn is a forgotten project. Since then, the whole thing's been torn apart and practically started over again. No one should base their opinions of the next version of windows on what the longhorn beta release shows.

So MS is rebuilding their security and file structure from the ground up. This is what everyone's wanted. This is what everyone's always complained about. They're finally addressing the issue head on, and all anyone can do is continue to bytch and complain. :confused: Some people are never satisfied.

neosnightmare said:
Longhorn is just Microshafts attempt to get to the same level that Linux has always been on with the performance of an OS. I personally can't see myself buying Longhorn. I'm still getting used to XP because I used to run Linux. I've seen the Beta/Alpha version and it's not all that impressive imo.

That would be because you dont know the in's and out's and little details of the OS. Its going to be pretty amazing I believe, something like OSX Tiger.

-Ryan

MrBebop26 said:
But did they really start completly over or just large parts started over?
Does it matter? I would think any reconstruction would be worth celebrating.

Anyway, yeah, they've already stated that they're rebuilding the security from the ground up, and the new file system is being bashed a bunch but should be out to (to replace NTFS).

ill hand it to microsoft, they did do just as people were asking. so far from what i have heard it will be great, i will have to see for myself though :)

i have a copy of longhorn beta from the developers and dude it sucks ass. do not install it on something you want to last. i screw around with it on a 10gig hd and every couple of days it crashes. basically it acts like any other microsoft os.

Well hopefully it will be good when it comes out,,, hopefully
I mean shit, PCs kick ass in everyway except for the Windows
thats where Macs are better with OSX, if they solve the OS
problem them more people will stop switching to linux and or
OSX.

ShoobieRat said:
The beta/alpha release of Longhorn is a forgotten project. Since then, the whole thing's been torn apart and practically started over again. No one should base their opinions of the next version of windows on what the longhorn beta release shows.

So MS is rebuilding their security and file structure from the ground up. This is what everyone's wanted. This is what everyone's always complained about. They're finally addressing the issue head on, and all anyone can do is continue to bytch and complain. :confused: Some people are never satisfied.

Right on Shoobie....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom