Windows Longhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghensenyuy

Baseband Member
HAVE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT WINDOWS LONGHORN. HAS ANYONE USED IT YET? OR DOES IT EXIST AT ALL.
PLEASE HELP ME

Its the new version of Windows that is supposed to come out next year, it is 64bit yes. That is why Windows XP 64 came out, so software developers could start boaring programs for it. Its going to be pretty cool. Go to www.longhornblogs.com, there is some pretty interesting stuff there.

-FIXED LINK-

-Ryan

DefragMyHead said:
what's longhorn? ...64 bit windows?
Wow. :p

Longhorn is the codename for the next full release from Microsoft. It's supposedly a completely redesigned 64bit platform, including rebuilt security, functionality, file-structure, and services controllers (to name a few). It's been pushed back about 4 times now, making it about 2 years overdue. The pushbacks are good, though, since MS has decided to fully address their security and services issues this time around. What comes out at the end is supposed to be a completely new version of Windows, which should solve many of the fundamental Windows security problems of the past.

Of course, we'll have to wait and see. There's already talk about pushing it back yet again for another season.

The beta version available is basically MS's attempt to get a 64bit platform out to the public. It's buggy, bulky, messy, and in its current state has been completely trashed and will not reflect the true release.

Also, as ShoobieRat said, as it being the codename, it's the codename for Windows 2006, actually. Don't know how/why this will/would help, but thought I'd give my input.

-SkyHi

mrbebop, u have a comma in the link u provided which is stopping your site from coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom