A computer with no HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since this rig would only be for flat out performacne, and prolly not alot of read/write cycles, that would be great.

most pen drives still arent even a gig yet. And the oens that are, cost some serious dough. You think one of those would be big enough for a FS and an OS? We would eventually need to put windows on there, just for comparison reasons with other OCers.

good luck with windows, windows doesnt support this kind of thing at all

windows OS is over 2GB without any extra apps for windowsXP, you might get away with a hacked version of win98 but you'd have to do some very serious hacking to do it

Probably have to intstall it on a hard drive, then transfer the image to a pendrive, then load that into a machine so you can do some serious editing to windows on the pendrive, then it might work.Awful lot of work for something that can be done easily in linux.

Oh damn was I wrong. Man, I bought my 64mb pen drive for $40 and THAT was a good deal! Bah, technology sucks.

Easily, use a boot loader, load kernel,load filesystem into RAM,have the kernel mount the filesystem, and start using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom